Recently Sony launched the Sony Tablet SDK Add-on kit, in order to make the Android Operating System even more developer-friendly. With the help of this kit, devs are now able to manipulate some of the special features found in Sony Tablet S & P or Xperia Tablet.
The Sony Tablet SDK Add-on includes code examples and emulators for Small Apps, the IR remote sensor and the dual screen functionality (only on Sony Tablet P).
In order to install the Sony SDK Add-on follow the instructions below. The easiest ways to install the Sony Tablet SDK Add-on is by following the install instructions from the Android SDK manager. Written below are 11 easy steps that will guide through the rest of the installation process.
Congratulations, if you’ve followed step-by-step the pictures above now you should be able to start developing apps for your Sony Tablet. These include the following:
- Small Apps, miniature apps that run on top of other apps. Go to the Small Apps page to learn more, or download the Small Apps code example and documentation kit straight away!
- IR sensor enabled apps. More information is available on the IR remote sensor page, where you can also download the IR remote code example and documentation kit.
- Dual screen apps, making use of both screens of Sony Tablet P. Check out the Dual screen page for more information.
Useful Link Reference:
- Download the Sony Tablet SDK Add-on Large Screen Library API reference.
- Download USB driver instructions for Sony tablets.
- For information about the key codes used by Sony IR devices, download the IR Device Keycodes document for Sony Tablets.
Don’t forget to share. Enjoy !